Our company was established by chemists, the chief examiners of the Chemistry and Medicine department of the Ukrainian Patent Office. This is why our scope of work includes inventions in the fields of chemistry, agricultural chemistry, medicine, cosmetics and food industries. In these areas, we can fully function and implement the protection of products and technologies of our clients and allow them to enter to markets.
When we prepare drafts we think about possible objects to inventions, we always put ourselves in both defendant and petitioner sides. Since, it is not possible to provide protection without considering blows of attacks. We work like physicians, we look into all possible problems, the features and the desire of our clients to create the most appropriate strategy.
We conduct searches and analyze the possibility of patenting based on our knowledge of the legislation in different countries, namely: Ukraine, Uzbekistan, Kazakhstan, Russia, Belarus, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, and Bulgaria.
We also work with the international systems: PCT, EAPО (CIS countries), the EPO (EU).
We treat our work as art. We develop the most appropriate approaches to patenting of various objects. Our objective is to understand desires of clients and fulfill their interests. Thus, for start we ask clients why they need to obtain a patent.
These tasks can be divided into the following types:
1.) Lunch absolutely new products to markets
- Objective: Provide a monopoly on the market for our client.
- Facilities / work: We conduct international search (in accordance with the norms of the EPO). According to the result we prepare application, as a principle, a substance / composition, a method for obtaining a substance and / or a composition for utility model and / or invention filing.
- Commentary: This is the most rare case of classical patenting.
2.) Lunch new products to markets in presence of analogues
- Objective: Provide a safe lunch of products to markets.
- Facilities / work: We conduct an international search (in accordance with the norms of the EPO), and provide the report with a conclusion about the patentability of the product, where the client becomes familiar with competitors and the risks of lunching products. We calculate risks and make clients familiar with them. After agreeing on tactics of actions, we prepare applications for drafting.
- Commentary: This is the most common case, where we already have mechanisms of action developed by us depending on risks.
3.) Development of new products
Due to the fact that experienced professional chemists work for us and we actively communicate with specialists in the USA, Australia, Canada, Ukraine and Bulgaria, we can develop, upon the client’s request, the client’s interested product , the composition of the product, the way of obtaining the substance.
The main thing that you must consider when you want to draft a patent in other countries is that it is valid only in the country of registration. Also, you have 12 months (from the registration date) to decide if you want to have a patent in other countries.
International procedures that are most common:
Patent Cooperation Treaty (PCT): A single filing of a PCT application is made with a Receiving Office (RO) in one language. It then results in a search performed by an International Searching Authority (ISA), accompanied by a written opinion regarding the patentability of the invention, which is the subject of the application.
European Patent Organization (EPO) grants European patents for the Contracting States to the European Patent Convention. The EPO provides a single patent grant procedure.
Eurasian Patent Organization (EAPO) conducts one examination and gives a patent for all the CIS countries. Each system and each country has his own features and requirements.